What Is Article Marketing All About?
What Is Article Marketing All About?
Article marketing is the posting of keyword-focused articles on article websites who then syndicate your content. The reason why this is an important website promotions technique is because some of these article syndication websites have a significant readership numbers.
Most article promotions sites allow you to post your content for free. Once published, your content becomes available for everyone to read – and potentially use. If done properly, articles you post on these sites can then become “link bait” for other websites.
For example, let’s say you own a home business that sells video games. If you or your web content writer write an article about video gaming, others who may want to post a blog entry about video games may link to your article, getting increased exposure for your writing and your subject, especially if the article promotion sites get more traffic than your own website.
Here’s how it works in 6 steps
- You submit articles to article directories like Ezine, street articles, Squidoo or others.
- you can put a link within the article to your website.
- The article then get published in their directory
- Other people can download and reuse it on their own website.
- Depending on the size, you can add up to 3 links to your website within your article.
- The bigger picture here is to get people to read it and want more information which in turn would draw traffic to your website. and in the process obtaining high-quality backlinks.
Keyword Research is very Important in Article Marketing
Before you go about writing any articles, I strongly recommend you do some keyword research. Keyword research is when you strike a balance between search phrases against the competitiveness of the keyword phrase.
At the same time you wouldn’t want to spend a lot of time and money targeting keywords and phrases that no one is likely to use in a search. Likewise, if 70 million plus results come up when you search for your keyword phrase you may have a difficult time getting ranked for such keyword.
See the best keyword search I use and strongly recommend. With this tool all you have to do is just enter the keyword you want and in seconds it tells you the full details, it even give you other better suggestions and green or red lights for good or bad to use keywords. you have 40 searches for free, I suggest you have a look at it.
Is article marketing still effective?
With constant changing of SEO due to all new Google algorithm updates over the past few years. Article directories are slowly phasing out. In the past few algorithm’s updates, Google has deemed these as low-quality sources and don’t rank them as high as they did sometimes ago.
See what Matt Cutts has to say about this…
Only a few years ago this was a great way to drive traffic to your website and also a great way to build backlinks, but not so much now.
Most of this downgrading came due to article spinning that placed such articles in thousands of low quality websites, the type of sites you don’t want your article and your links to be in in the first place, because it’ll downgrade your site rankings.
Google has been keeping an eye on all of this, This is exactly why they rolled out Panda. Some of the most popular directories out there were hit hard along with websites that had poor quality content.
Can I still build natural and high-quality backlinks today?
Building your website nowadays, backlinks aren’t really that big of a deal when it comes to SEO.
Here are a few tips to natural backlinks
- Leaving high-quality comments on other blogs that are in the same niche as yours.
- Social media post sharing
- Getting other people to share your posts and like them or Google plus them
- Commenting on forums related to your niche and placing your link in your signature
- linking to other high quality sites
So anything still works today? How can I stay on top of this?
I personally wouldn’t completely rule out article directories just yet. There are still many folks who still use them up to this minute, but they are slowly becoming a thing of the past.
We can spend a lifespan to figure out SEO and you still wouldn’t even come close to scratching the surface of it.
However, there are only a handful of things you really need to know…
- Focus on your website and writing high-quality content for it
- Make sure you perform proper keyword research before writing a post
- Leave your keyword in the title and first paragraph. Then just write freely and use related keywords to get the point across
- share your posts and encourage comments and questions
- Try your best to Respond to comments as soon as you get them, make sure they are relevant to your post before you approve any.
SEO is constantly changing and it would nearly be impossible to stay on top of it all by yourself. Don’t you think it would be great if there was a place that kept you up to date on the latest Google algorithm’s and taught you the proper way to build an online niche business?
Then, I do have some great news for you! Wealthy Affiliate is the place that has kept me updated on what’s working today and the future. If you’re looking to gain a complete knowledge on SEO, how to build websites, generate a decent revenue. You seriously need to check this out.
The good thing here is that you can get started for FREE and try out everything they have to offer without risking a penny of your own money. I also will be there to help you every step of the way.
I hope this post has helped you out and answered some questions you might have had about article marketing and directories, I have cleared up whether this is still an effective marketing strategy or not.
I would love to hear your comments, questions, or any feedback you have in the comments box below.
You may also want to read…
- What is affiliate make money online.com?
- What is wealthy Affiliate?
- What Is The Affiliate Bootcamp (10 Free Lessons)?
- What is the entrepreneur 10 free certifications lessons?